Community outreach is a vital part of the project. We encourage you to follow and provide your input on the improvements to the Toms River Waterfront and Surrounding Area.
The study team is committed to keeping the public informed throughout the LCD study. We aim to keep all interested parties informed about the project and respond to all questions and concerns through use of the project website, stakeholder contact list, email, and public meetings. As the project moves through the Purpose and Need, Alternatives Analysis and PPA phases, we will continue to provide timely updates of project information and meeting announcements via email and flyers. We encourage all interested parties to sign-up here to receive emails regarding pertinent project information.
Current Outreach efforts for the study include:
- Local officials briefings, community stakeholder meetings and public information centers
- Meeting announcement alerts and project information through mailings, emails and text messaging. Meeting announcements will be posted on this website and Ocean County’s website.
- Regular updates to the project website, including study progress reports and other outreach materials
- Coordination with elected officials, local governments, first-responders and the media
- Responses to inquiries from interested parties
Planned Outreach Activities
The study team is committed to developing transportation improvements that best balance transportation needs, the environment, community concerns and cost. The three-phase outreach framework below outlines the objectives and goals of outreach to various key stakeholders during the LCD Phase:
|KEY PHASES||OUTREACH OBJECTIVES||OUTREACH TASKS|
|PHASE 1 – Develop Purpose and Need Statement||
|PHASE 2 – Alternative Analysis||
|PHASE 3 – Preliminary Preferred Alternative (PPA)||
Ways to Get Involved
- Sign-up for updates by filling out the form on the Contact Us page
- Check this website regularly for updated information
- Submit feedback through the public comment form or contact the project team directly
- Attend Public Information Center meetings
Questions, Comments or Suggestions
We encourage community members to voice their questions and concerns to the study team via the Contact Us page. For questions or comments, you may also contact the study team directly at email@example.com
Community involvement is a vital part of the project. We encourage you to follow and provide input on improvements to the bridge as an important transportation link for the local communities and the region.
The County of Morris in cooperation with NJTPA and NJDOT recognize that community participation is an integral part of all stages of projects. A Public Action Plan (PAP) was developed for the project as a framework to accomplish open, proactive and productive community and stakeholder discussions. Local officials, community stakeholders, agency representatives, and the general public will have an opportunity to provide comments and questions for consideration throughout the project development process. Our community outreach strategies include the following:
- Host outreach meetings including local officials briefings, community stakeholder meetings, and public information centers
- Communicate meeting announcement alerts and project information through social media and mailings
- Provide regular updates to the project website, including study progress reports and other outreach materials
- Work with elected officials, local governments, first-responders, and the media
- Address inquiries from interested parties